Allergic diseases are now recognised as a prioritised chronic disease and national health priority area in Australia. Australia’s First National Allergy Strategy was launched in 2015, with the mission of improving the health and quality of life of Australians with allergic diseases and minimising the burden of allergic diseases on individuals, their carers, healthcare services and the community.
The primary goals of the strategy focus upon:
– Introducing standards of care – to improve the health and quality of life of people with allergic diseases
– Improving access to allergy services – to ensure the timely and appropriate health care management of people with allergic diseases
– Improving access to evidence-based consistent information, education and training – for health care professionals, people with allergic diseases, carers and the community
– Promoting patient focused research – to prevent the development of allergic diseases and improve the health and quality of life of people with allergic diseases
– Recognition of allergic diseases as a National Health Priority Area
At the Australian Allergy Centre it is our firm belief that all Australians deserve equal access to quality health care. We understand the negative affects allergic disease can have on quality of life, and it is our goal to help patients identify and manage their allergies in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Our team of passionate and dedicated health professionals specialise in the diagnosis and management of allergic rhinitis (hay fever), allergy induced asthma, eczema and food allergies. Our patients are comprehensively assessed and offered expert opinion informed by current evidence based research and clinical experience.
In keeping with the mission of Australia’s National Allergy Strategy, at the Australian Allergy Centre:
– All medical consultations are Medicare rebatable
– NO REFERRAL is necessary
To read more about Australia’s first national allergy strategy, visit http://www.nationalallergystrategy.org.au/images/doc/NAS_Document_Final_WEB.pdf